
US President Donald Trump met senior US national security officials on Friday as the White House weighed its next steps in the conflict with Iran.
According to a person familiar with the meeting cited by CNN, the White House session ended without a final decision on whether the US would resume military action or continue diplomatic efforts.
Negotiations between Washington and Tehran remain ongoing, with delegations from Qatar and Pakistan travelling to Iran in an attempt to broker a deal.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ismail Baghaei said there were still “very deep” differences between the two sides and that further negotiations would be needed, according to Iran’s state news agency IRNA.
Trump has reportedly been presented with military options after expressing frustration over the pace of talks.
Earlier this week, he said he was close to ordering strikes before stepping back following requests from Gulf nations.
The president also cancelled weekend travel plans and confirmed he would miss the Bahamas wedding of his son, Donald Trump Jr..
Officials attending Friday’s meeting included Vice President JD Vance and Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth.

At The News Digital, our editors combine entertainment savvy with global reporting expertise. Expect authoritative coverage of royals, Hollywood, and trending topics, plus clear, reliable updates across science, politics, sports, and business. We keep it accurate, timely, and easy to understand, so you can stay ahead.



